As I've written previously, the Blue Jackets have been a team barely playing above average after their ALMOST record-breaking streak. Read the link if you need proof. As the Jackets head into the playoffs for the first time since 2014, there is no reason - as a Penguins fan - to worry about these jabronis. Here are the Blue Jacket stats:
Since March 1, 2017:
1. They've been the 14th best team in the NHL.
2. They said your hair looks nice today, but they didn't mean it.
3. Columbus has been only a +2 goal (50 GF / 48 GA) differential. That's 15th in the NHL.
4. Cam Atkinson still sends out Candy Crush requests on Facebook
5. The Blue Jackets have given up 654 shots. That's good for 22nd in the NHL.
6. There is always a 35% chance Jack Johnson gets lost on his way to the arena without assistance.
7. The leading scorer since March 1st has been Sam Gagner with 14 points. Conor Sheary (18), Sidney Crosby (22), and Jake Guentzel (18) have more. Phil Kessel and Nick Bonino have 14.
8. They are paying Dubinsky $142,683 per point this season. That's more than any Penguin on the active roster. (Hagelin is at 188k but on IR)
9. The Blue Jackets power play has been converting at a pathetic 11.6%. That's 28th in the NHL. On the other hand, the Penguins have been 28.6% since 3/1 which is 2nd in the league.
10. Only 28% of the current Blue Jacket's roster have played over 10 games of playoff hockey. 11 of them have never played a playoff game.
11. They are killing only 83.3% of the penalties they take. That's the NHL's 12th best.
12. Alex Wennberg's legal name is Alexander Weinerberg.
13. The Blue Jackets have committed the 4th most minor penalties in the NHL with 74. Again, the Penguins are converting 28.6% the most out of any playoff team.
14. Seth Jones likes Korn. Not 1998 Korn, but NEW Korn.
15. The entire team has earned a shooting percentage 7.6% that's 26 in the NHL.