They are playing "Even Flow" while a ref vomits... Not cool, guys. Not cool.
— The Zapper (@LCJS) January 3, 2015
— @PensNation_Nick (@PensNation_Nick) January 3, 2015
If you're still reading this, welcome! In this new year, I'm branding my Saturday post under the name Three Rivers Philosophizer - a name I've used in the past for my personal website. It's like a philosopher, but with a "yinzer" twist.
As for that ref:
Referee Mike Leggo will not return to the game after getting ill on the ice during the first period. Appeared to vomit on the ice.Shame.
— Seth Rorabaugh (@emptynetters) January 3, 2015
That ref isn't the only one who is sick. I missed pretty much the second half of last night game due to a NyQuil haze.
I woke up to multiple Yahoo alerts on my phone letting me know that all is right in the world with the Pens beating Tampa Bay 6-3.
In the future, I plan on being LESS sick in order to be MORE informative.
Also more corny, probably.
Today there is a full slate of Pittsburgh related sports.
- The Pitt Panthers play basketball against North Carolina State at Noon.
- The Pens play the Canadians at 7pm.
- The Steelers play the Ravens in the playoffs at 8:15pm.
A few notes:
- Evgeni Malkin laid the smack-down on Craig Adams' candy@$$
- Russia beats the USA in the World Juniors.
- The Winter Classic is played out, ratings wise. (Yet higher than a regular game).
- Welcome to Pittsburgh, David Perron.
Welcome David Perron! -DP pic.twitter.com/iEcm0kQERt
— ROOT SPORTS™ | PIT (@ROOTSPORTSPIT) January 3, 2015